Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Return To Work Consulting?
Working in partnership with employers
and employees, Gelabert Vocational
Consultants provides a range of
preventative and intervention services
that contribute to improving safety and
productivity in organizations.
Understand the issues around workers
compensation and insurance.
Financial Savings on premiums.
Assist workers to find roles
consistent with their abilities
What is Life Coaching?
Working with a life coach enables you to focus on what you want
to do with your life and design a strategy with step-by-step attainable goals
that will lead you to arrive at your desired destination. It's about taking
control of life rather than staying stuck in a pattern that hasn't brought the
results that you want. A life coach will be your partner in the process -
brainstorming, planning, setting goals, and providing you with the ongoing
inspiration to work through whatever obstacles may emerge including:
- Career transitions, which include starting a small
business or taking a business or career to the next level of
- Rebuilding a life after divorce.
- A full-time parent wanting to re-enter the outside work
- Discovering and/or following one's purpose in life.
- Creating new habits and images that support one's
- Developing a spiritual approach to life.
What is Career Counseling?
|Career counseling is a process
uniquely designed for individuals from all walks of life to help them
achieve direction in making decisions and creating action plans
concerning employment, and/or educational goals.
Workers who make
career resolutions, and create a plan to to make them happen,
can see benefits that pay off for years. Here are a few of the
most common career-related resolutions.
- Learn New Skills.
- Improve work-life balance.
- Increase your earnings.
- Change careers.
- Start your own business
Who does Career Counseling help?
- People who find themselves in life/career transitions.
- People desiring or needing a job change.
- People returning to the workforce, needing assistance on
how to find a job.
- People desiring to find their passions in life and live
How long does Career Counseling take?
Depending on the type of
services a person needs, the following guidelines can be used:
- For résumé development, or interview preparation it
normally takes one (50 minute) session.
- For a more meaningful approach of services, it normally
takes four-six sessions.
Do you provide tests or skill assessments?
We provide a variety of career assessments that identify individuals'
interests, skills, values, beliefs, and personality traits that help
provide life/career clarification and direction.